Hiring an Austin SSD Lawyer
Disability Lawyer in Austin
If you are applying for Social Security Disability benefits, or if you have already applied for benefits and received a denial letter, the single smartest thing you can do is to contact a Texas SSD lawyer. The Texas Social Security Disability lawyers at The Bob Richardson Law Firm know the system and its requirements. We are ready to use our knowledge to help you get the disability benefits you deserve.
The Bob Richardson Law Firm guides clients through the application process for Social Security Disability benefits, as well as review by an administrative law judge if necessary. Having a lawyer can improve your chances of recovering benefits by making sure all forms are properly completed and all deadlines are met. We know how to prepare a case and fight to get you the benefits you deserve. Let us deal with the government while you focus on your health and your family.
To receive a free evaluation of your SSD claim, contact The Bob Richardson Law Firm now. You can call us toll free at 877-923-4264 or use our online contact form. The Texas Social Security Disability lawyers at our firm represent Social Security Disability applicants in Austin, Waco, Round Rock, Georgetown, Killeen, Temple and surrounding communities.
Our lawyers handle Social Security Disability cases on a contingency fee basis. That means we don’t get paid unless you recover benefits.
Why Hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer
There are many reasons why you should hire a Texas SSD lawyer to fight for you when you are making a claim for disability benefits. Some of those reasons include:
- Your attorney will make sure you comply with all deadlines. For example, requests for appeals need to be made in writing within 60 days. If you do not make your request on time, you could be barred from making an appeal. You’ll either get no benefits or have to start the entire process of applying for benefits from the beginning (something you don’t want to do with an average wait time of 3-5 months).
- Your attorney will research your case and help you gather the evidence you need for your claim to be approved. The SSA has strict requirements related to the medical evidence you need. This evidence has to be from a professional with expertise in your type of condition and should be from a physician who is involved with your care on a regular basis. A Texas disability lawyer will help you provide the required types of medical details.
- Your attorney will help you get necessary medical care. SSD benefits can include Medicare coverage, which begins automatically after receiving two years of disability benefits. Your lawyer will also help you to explore options for getting the medical help you need until your claim for benefits is approved.
- Your attorney will handle all communications with the SSA by managing those communications for you or by advising you on how to answer questions in an honest manner that helps your case. Any paperwork and details that your attorney can handle without placing stress on you will be taken care of. Preparing to be questioned is also very important, as the SSA will usually be looking for reasons not to give you benefits. A lawyer can guide you on how to answer these questions truthfully and in a way that increases the likelihood that you will get the benefits you deserve.
- Your attorney will guide you through the administrative appeals process. The first three steps in appealing a disability benefits denial all take place internally within the Social Security Administration. A lawyer can help you understand the nuances of this administrative system. For example, you can submit new evidence before a claims examiner reviews your case during a request for reconsideration. You can have a lawyer represent you and bring in witnesses on your behalf at the hearing.
While these are some general ways in which an SSD lawyer can help, the specifics of what your lawyer will do are going to depend on your case and on the stage of the process. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the better your chances of resolving your case quickly and of getting benefits with the minimum of delay.
Working with an SSD Lawyer
Can I have a lawyer represent me in applying for Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income? At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, we offer free consultations and case evaluations so you can better learn how we can assist you in making an SSD claim. When you speak with a Texas disability lawyer at The Bob Richardson Law Firm, you can expect to answer questions about:
- Your illness or impairment, including the type, duration and extent of your condition.
- Your past work history. The SSA may deny benefits if you have transferable skills and if there is a job you can do even while disabled.
- Your educational achievements. People with more education may be considered to have more transferable skills.
- Your work history. If you are currently working, you may be disqualified if you are earning too much money and considered to be engaged in “substantial gainful activity.”
- Whether you’ve filed for any type of Social Security benefits already and whether you have been denied. This will help your SSD lawyer to get an idea of where your case is.
Remember, you should always be honest with your attorney about all details of your case. At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, client information is confidential and you pay us no attorney’s fees unless we win your case and you receive benefits from the SSA.
Contact an Experienced Social Security Disability Lawyer
The Social Security Disability lawyers at The Bob Richardson Law Firm, founded in 1990 by then-Texas State Representative Bob Richardson, now retired, have helped thousands of applicants for veterans’ disability and Social Security Disability obtain the maximum benefits they deserve. Our attorneys who represent Social Security Disability claimants focus exclusively on Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income cases. They are members of the National Organization of Social Security Disability Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) and the Fifth Circuit Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (FOSSCR).
If you want to submit a successful Social Security Disability claim the first time or overturn a rejected claim, turn to SSDI attorneys who count their legal experience in decades.
For a free evaluation of your Social Security Disability claim, contact us toll free at 877-923-4264 or use our online contact form.