Founded in 1850 on the banks of Nolan Creek, Belton was an important stop on the Chisholm Trail, a major cattle drive route. Belton’s National Historic District, including the beautifully restored Carnegie Library Building, is now home to the Bell County Museum, which showcases the heritage of Belton and Bell County. Belton’s historic downtown is home to numerous specialty and antique shops, the historic Bell County Courthouse, and Texas’ oldest family owned department store, Cochran, Blair & Potts.
Healthcare in Belton is provided by Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas, which serves all of central Texas with its Level I Trauma Center and is the only designated Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin treating serious personal injuries. In addition, Scott and White operates the Belton Clinic. Also located in Belton is the Cedar Crest Hospital and Residential Treatment Center, a private, non-profit facility that provides psychiatric, substance abuse, and behavioral treatment to children ages 4-18 throughout central Texas.
The Cedar Park area was first settled in 1871 by George Cluck, who made a cattle drive up the Chisholm Trail and bought land in the area. A sleepy town even after the arrival of the railroad, Cedar Park was best known for producing limestone and cedar fence posts.
In 2008, Cedar Park celebrated the opening of the Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, a full-service hospital for residents of Western Williamson County. With 350 hospital employees, the Cedar Park Regional Medical is one of the city’s top employers. Other major Cedar Park employers include the following: National Oilwell Varco, the City of Cedar Park, ETS-Lindgren, CoreSlab Structures, Baker Triangle Drywall, BMC Millwork, BMC West, and Texas Quarries.
Gatesville, Texas, the county seat of Coryell County, is in central Texas just 5 miles north of the geographic center of the state. Gatesville, home to the Mitchell Collection of several thousands of spurs, is known as the “Spur Capital of Texas.” The spur collection, said to be the largest in the world, is housed at Coryell Museum and Historical Center in Gatesville.
The Gatesville Chamber of Commerce lists the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) as the largest employer in Gatesville. The TDCJ operates several facilities for women: the Crain Unit, Hilltop Unit, Woodman State Jail, and the Mountain View Unit, plus the maximum security Murray Unit for men. One of the facilities, the Mountain View Unit, holds the state’s female death row inmates.
The 25-bed Coryell Memorial Healthcare System is a community-owned healthcare organization serving Gatesville. The hospital offers a wide range of health services, with a nursing facility, The Meadows, and independent living apartments, The Oaks at Coryell, on the campus. The Scott & White Gatesville Clinic, adjacent to Coryell Memorial Hospital, offers a wide range of medical services including acute care for minor emergencies. The nearby Darnall Army Community Hospital, located at Fort Hood, provides medical care to active-duty and retired military personnel and their family members.
Georgetown, Texas is in Williamson County, in central Texas’ Hill Country. Downtown Georgetown, with the historic Williamson County Courthouse as the centerpiece, features a number of beautifully restored Victorian era commercial establishments.
Sun City Texas, an age-restricted planned community comprised primarily of retirees, constitutes a significant part of the population of Georgetown. Georgetown, Texas is known as the “Red Poppy Capital of Texas.” Georgetown is dotted with the spring-blooming flowers, which are strategically planted throughout the city. Each April, Georgetown hosts the Red Poppy Festival, an event that draws up to 30,000 visitors annually.
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital offers comprehensive healthcare services to Georgetown residents. A large variety of clinics, urgent care centers, nursing homes, and medical practices also serve Georgetown.
Killeen was founded in 1882 by the Santa Fe Railroad and served as a shipping station for cotton and cattle. Killeen prospered, serving the large surrounding rural area along with its own citizens. Agriculture remained the primary economic driver in Killeen until the establishment of Fort Hood.
Killeen boasts excellent medical facilities. In addition to a major hospital, the Metroplex Health System, there are two clinics, full-service mental health facilities, and many specialty physicians offering a wide range of care. The Metroplex Health System, operated as a community service by the Adventist Health System, employs 950 area residents. The nearby Darnall Army Community Hospital at Fort Hood provides medical care to active-duty and retired military personnel and their family members.
Round Rock, Texas is 15 miles north of Austin and just north of Pflugerville in central Texas. Round Rock is primarily in Williamson County, with a small portion on the southern edge of the city at Interstate 35, in Travis County.
In 1851, a small community named Brushy was formed on the banks of Brushy Creek, near a large round and anvil-shaped rock located in the middle of the creek. This round rock marked a convenient low-water crossing for wagons, horses, and cattle. In 1854, the small settlement was renamed Round Rock in honor of this, now famous, rock.
Round Rock’s second evolution occurred in the 1990s with the arrival of a number of companies in the computer sector, the most notable being Dell, Inc.
Round Rock has a wide array of hospitals and extensive health care services including Saint David’s Round Rock Medical Center, Scott & White Healthcare-Round Rock Hospital, and Seton Medical Center Williamson.
Founded in 1851 and incorporated in 1877, historic San Marcos has several museums and four historic districts that preserve their rich history. The beautifully restored 1909 Hays County Courthouse and the Lyndon Baines Johnson Museum of San Marcos are two of San Marcos’ most impressive historic buildings.
With a staff of over 700 employees, the Central Texas Medical Center provides a wide range of healthcare services in San Marcos and neighboring communities. The medical center features a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center for people with serious injuries.
Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County, is just 29 miles northeast of Austin. Known as “The Zest of Texas,” Taylor has welcomed an influx of new residents aged 25-35 years old because of their invigorating effect on the city. The diverse, highly educated new residents typically relocate to Taylor seeking affordable housing, a friendly, small town atmosphere, and a short commute to jobs in the Greater Austin area.
Surrounded by corn and cotton fields, agriculture is a staple of Taylor Texas’ economy. Taylor’s economy is also based on light manufacturing and light industry.
Taking care of the healthcare needs of Taylor, the Scott & White Hospital, a 25-bed acute care hospital with 24-hour emergency room service, employs approximately 200 persons.
Like many Texas cities, Temple was founded by a railroad, the Gulf, Colorado & Santa Fe Railroad, in 1881. The city is named in honor of Bernard Moore Temple, who was the Santa Fe’s chief engineer, although he never lived in Temple. Both the Union Pacific Railroad and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway serve the city, and Amtrak provides commuter service.
Temple is one of the leading medical centers in the Southwest, and it is home to the Scott & White King’s Daughters Hospital and the Olin E. Teague Veterans Center. King’s Daughters Hospital, which serves all of central Texas with its Level I Trauma Center, is the only designated Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin that treats serious personal injuries.
The Bob Richardson Law Firm does not endorse any of the businesses below but provides them solely for informational purposes. If you would like to have your accident-related Belton, Texas business listed here, please contact via email: List my Site
- DrivingUniversity.com – Traffic School at DrivingUniversity.com is the time-saving and cost-saving way to improve your driving record and improve your defensive driving at the same time. If you have a ticket, completing a traffic school course will satisfy the court and dismiss the traffic ticket or reduce the fines. Our courses are professionally written to meet individual state’s requirements.
- Integrity Rehab and Home Health offers full-service physical therapy and rehabilitation and home healthcare services to help adults and children achieve their maximum potential.
- M and B Auto Repair can take care of all your auto body work and paint needs.
Cedar Park, Texas
- Seton Medical Center Williamson Pediatric Rehab at Cedar Park offers a full line of quality interdisciplinary rehabilitation services for children.
- Department of Assistive and Rehab Services – Outpatient treatment for individuals recovering from medical complications, brain injury, stroke, and other neurological impairments.
- Morse Body Shop – Our automotive experts have over 30 years of combined knowledge and hands-on experience in the auto body industry and are trained to provide you with the car, truck or van repairs, maintenance or replacements you need – at very affordable prices.
- St. David’s Georgetown Hospital – St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, a remote location of St. David’s Medical Center, offers comprehensive healthcare services, including exceptional programs for Maternity & Newborn Care, Emergency Care, Joint Replacement Surgery, Cancer Care, and Rehabilitation Services.
- David Collision Repair currently writes estimates for several insurance companies and works closely with them to handle your claim the fastest way possible.
- Paceline Collision Systems – What began as a one-bay auto body shop in 1995 has now transformed into a collision repair operation with multiple locations in Killeen, Copperas Cove, Lampasas, and Marble Falls.
Round Rock, Texas
- Excellence Boy and Paint – Dedicated to providing quality repairs on all makes of automobiles and pickup trucks at our state-of- the-art, 20,000 square feet repair facility just 1 ½ miles west of IH 35 in Round Rock, Texas.
- The Spine and Rehabilitation Center has a multidisciplinary team of orthopedic surgeons, physical medicine physicians, chiropractors, and physical therapists coordinate medical and rehabilitative services into a seamless unified approach offering patients access to the highest quality care at the appropriate level.
San Marcos, Texas
- Physical Therapy and Rehab Concepts, P.C. has provided therapy to patients in Hays county since 1987 and have enjoyed great success.
- Ernie’s Paint and Body Shop
- Hutto Therapy Center provides the best therapy services in the area with the convenience our growing community requires.
- Floyd’s Body Works has been serving its customers since 1948, performing all minor and major repairs on any make or model of vehicle, including body, frame and refinishing.
- Epperson Paint and Body, Inc – Whether we’re straightening your car’s frame or touching up the paint job after a fender-bender, you can rest assured that your car comes first in our shop.