Austin Workplace Accident Lawyers
Serving Austin, Waco and Surrounding Areas
Nearly 250,000 workers suffer injuries or illnesses on the job each year in Texas, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Some of the most dangerous jobs include those in construction, manufacturing, maritime industries, oil extraction, warehouse operations and transportation. But it is possible for people in any line of work to get hurt while doing their job. Even people in “safe” office jobs could be injured at work. Whatever the circumstances, our Austin workplace accident lawyers can help you recover all of the compensation you deserve.
In many instances, a job-related injury or illness causes disability and threatens the injured person’s ability to pay for food, housing and other expenses. At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, our Texas workplace accident attorneys are committed to protecting the rights of those who get hurt on the job. We respect the hard-working people of Texas. We believe someone should be there for them to make sure they receive the benefits and compensation they deserve from every available source after a workplace accident.
The workplace accident attorneys at The Bob Richardson Law Firm have helped many injured Texas workers and their families in Austin, Waco, and the surrounding communities of Round Rock, Georgetown, Killeen, Temple, Cedar Park, Lakeway, Taylor and Belton.
Find out how we can help you. Call us today toll-free at 800-880-5100 or use our online form for a free case evaluation. We charge no fees for our legal services unless we recover compensation for you.
Common Texas Workplace Accidents
While some types of work are riskier than others, all jobs have a degree of peril. Some of the most common Texas workplace accidents involve:
- Transportation accidents, such as collisions with trucks, forklifts, skid steers, tractors and bulldozers, and overturned vehicles
- Contact with objects and equipment, including falling objects and malfunctioning heavy equipment
- Falls, including falls to a lower level, falls from ladders and falls from scaffolding
- Assaults and violent acts
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxic substances, including chemicals and asbestos
- Being caught in running equipment or machinery.
These and other types of workplace accidents can result in serious personal injuries. Some of the injuries frequently associated with workplace accidents include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or crushed bones
- Knee injuries
- Eye injuries and vision loss
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
Work-related illnesses can also be devastating, including cancer or mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos or toxic chemicals.
Help for Texas Workplace Accident Victims
If you are injured in a Texas workplace accident, the attorneys of The Bob Richardson Law Firm are prepared to investigate your case and determine your legal options. Potential sources of compensation could include:
- Personal injury lawsuit: If your workplace injury was caused by your employer’s gross negligence or intentional acts, or if your accident was caused by a third party other than your employer, you could be able to seek personal injury damages that include compensation for your pain and suffering. This type of personal injury lawsuit could result in a much larger recovery than workers’ comp alone. Our lawyers know what to look for in a third-party workplace accident claim.
- Social Security disability: If your workplace accident or injury renders you temporarily or permanently disabled, you could be eligible for assistance from the federal government. Many applicants are denied benefits initially, so it is important to get help from experienced SSD attorneys like those at The Bob Richardson Law Firm.
- Wrongful death lawsuit: If your loved one died in a workplace accident, then the law entitles your family to receive either workers’ comp death benefits or damages through a wrongful death claim.
Your employer’s insurance company may try to talk to you soon after your workplace accident in hopes of minimizing the amount they have to pay. You should talk to your attorney instead. The insurer’s responsibility is to protect the company’s bottom line. Your attorney’s responsibility is to protect you and your family.
The Bob Richardson Law Firm has assisted injured and ill Texas workers for more than 30 years. While you focus on recovering, we will take care of the necessary paperwork, consult with highly qualified experts and employ the latest in technology to develop your case. We will work relentlessly to maximize your recovery.
Contact Our Texas Workplace Accident Attorneys Today
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death cases. The time periods for taking action in a workers’ compensation or Social Security disability claims are even shorter. That’s why it’s important to contact a skilled and experienced Texas workplace accident attorney immediately.
Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Texas? We can help. Contact The Bob Richardson Law Firm today by calling us toll-free at 800-880-5100 or using our online contact form. We are ready to provide you with a free case evaluation.