Austin Auto Defect Lawyers
Texas Auto Defects Attorneys
There are more than 20 million vehicles registered in Texas — the second highest number in the country. Motorists trust that their vehicles meet certain quality standards and are safe to operate. But when a dangerous defect causes an accident that injures or kills someone on a busy Texas road, the victims may have a right to file suit against the company responsible for the malfunction. The skilled Austin vehicle accident attorneys at The Bob Richardson Law Firm can help.
Call 800-880-5100 now or fill out our online contact form for a free case review today. Our personal injury and wrongful death lawyers have 30 years of experience handling vehicle defect claims in Austin, Waco and surrounding Texas communities, including Round Rock, Georgetown, Killeen, Temple, Cedar Park, Lakeway, Taylor and Belton.
We will fight for your rights against vehicle manufacturers and anyone else who may be at fault for the accident that injured you or someone you love.
Common Types of Vehicle Defects
All vehicles are required to meet federal safety standards, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they will universally be safe. Cars, trucks and motorcycles are made up of countless components. Any of those parts could be deadly if they fail as a result of poor design or shoddy manufacturing.
Vehicle defects are commonly found in areas such as:
- Doors and door latches
- Seat belts
- Seat backs
- Tires and treads
- Auto glass
- Vehicle structure and design
- Acceleration defects
- Gas tank explosions
- Electrical system problems
Legal Options In Texas Auto Defects Claims
Injury claims involving defective vehicle auto parts fall under an area of law known as products liability. These types of claims may be brought against a variety of parties who may be held liable for the defect, including:
- The vehicle’s manufacturer
- The manufacturer of the defective part
- The company involved in the shipment of the vehicle
- The car dealer.
During your free consultation, an attorney from The Bob Richardson Law Firm will determine who the appropriate defendants could be after reviewing the facts of your case. There are several ways to hold the at-fault party or parties liable for the vehicle defect. For example:
- You may bring a negligence claim if you can show that the car was not manufactured or designed safely, or if the company did not market the vehicle appropriately to consumers.
- A strict liability claim does not have to prove negligence. Instead, all that must be shown is that the vehicle had a dangerous part that caused your injury, that the injury occurred even though the vehicle was being operated as intended and that the vehicle was not considerably altered from its original condition.
- A breach-of-warranty claim may be appropriate if a dealer or manufacturer produces a defective vehicle in violation of an express warranty (a written or verbal guarantee) or an implied warranty (a reasonable, automatic assumption that the vehicle was safe to operate as intended at the time of purchase).
Compensation In Texas Defective Vehicle Lawsuits
People who have been injured in a defective vehicle accident in Texas may be entitled to significant compensation to help with the astronomical cost of medical bills, doctor’s appointments, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering and any other hardships caused by the crash. Punitive damages, which are intended to punish the responsible party for the dangerous defect, are also possible in products liability cases.
Defendants in auto defects cases may try to show that you are somehow responsible for the injuries caused by the accident. Even if your actions did play a role, you may still be entitled to compensation under a rule in Texas called comparative fault. That means that you may be entitled to less money based on your degree of fault, but it does not entirely rule out your ability to recover an award. It is critical to talk with one of our knowledgeable Austin vehicle defects lawyers who can assess such an important issue regarding your claim.
Let Our Austin Defective Vehicle Attorneys Assist You
If you are the victim of a car, truck or motorcycle accident caused by a vehicle defect in Texas, The Bob Richardson Law Firm is standing by to answer your call. Reach us at 800-880-5100 or complete our online contact form for a free consultation. There’s nothing to lose – if we do not obtain a recovery on your behalf, you won’t pay us any fees.