For more than 30 years, we have helped car accident victims in Austin, Waco and surrounding Texas communities. We hold careless drivers – and their insurance companies – accountable.
If you or a loved one has been in a car crash caused by another driver, our Texas car accident attorneys can help you to seek compensation. To learn more, call us or fill out our online form. We are ready to provide a free case evaluation and answer your questions. We do not charge legal fees unless we are successful and recover compensation for you.
Common Types of Texas Car Accidents
- Aggressive driving: Speeding, making dangerous passes and roaring through red lights put innocent drivers and their passengers at risk. These negligent drivers can cause serious injuries or cut lives short in an intersection crash, head-on collision and other types of car accidents.
- Drunk driving: Heavier law enforcement and public awareness campaigns have reduced Texas DWI / DUI accidents. But alcohol-impaired driving remains a serious public safety problem. For many years, more people have died in drunk-driving wrecks in Texas than anywhere else in the country.
- Distracted driving: Types of distracted driving include talking on a cell phone, texting, eating, drinking, and conversations with passengers or using a GPS device. Distracted driving is particularly dangerous when the driver approaches an intersection or is passing through a work zone.
- Drowsy driving: Instead of taking a break, too many drivers stay on the road when they are tired or at risk of falling asleep at the wheel. Drowsy drivers are responsible for many fatal car accidents and fatigue-related crashes that send innocent people to the hospital with serious injuries.
- Teen driving: Teen drivers lack experience and often do not appreciate the consequences of dangerous driving habits. Young drivers are often guilty of speeding, texting or using a cell phone or other digital device while behind the wheel. There is a high rate of serious injury accidents involving teen drivers.
- Vehicle defects: Even when a driver is following the rules of the road, a faulty or defective auto part or system can lead to a serious or deadly crash. Tire blow-outs, brake failures and other types of mechanical problems endanger the driver, passengers and others who are sharing the road.
Help For Texas Car Accident Victims
At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, we have helped Texas car accident victims with injuries ranging from minor cuts, scrapes and bruises to more severe, catastrophic injuries. We also help the surviving families after fatal accidents.
We investigate cases, use technology and consult with highly qualified medical, engineering and accident reconstruction experts. As a result, we have obtained many favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
You may be able to recover compensation if you have suffered any of these damages and are able to prove them:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost past and future income.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages.
If your loved one suffered a wrongful death in a vehicle accident, your family may be entitled to compensation for the loss of your family member’s care and companionship, funeral expenses and the mental anguish you have suffered.
We know aggressive insurance companies will try to get an accident victim to make a statement or agree to a quick, low-value settlement. Before you talk to them, talk to an experienced Texas auto accident lawyer who will protect your rights.
Contact Our Austin Car Accident Attorneys Today
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death cases. Depending on the parties involved in your car accident, the deadline for taking action may arrive even sooner.
If you need legal assistance with your vehicle accident case, contact The Bob Richardson Law Firm today by phone or use our online contact form. We are ready to provide you with a free case evaluation.
We recently won a major case in the Texas Supreme Court, Tanner, et al. v. Nationwide Mutual First Insurance Co., which will protect the rights of all Texans against automobile liability insurance companies when seeking payment of their claims.
We have more than 30 years of experience in working with insurance companies and pursuing verdicts and settlements on behalf of car accident victims in Austin, Waco, Round Rock, Georgetown, Killeen, Temple, Cedar Park, Lakeway, Taylor, Belton and surrounding Texas communities.
To learn about how The Bob Richardson Law Firm can help you with your car accident insurance issues, call us today toll-free at 800-880-5100 or use our online contact form. We can provide you with a free case evaluation, and we won’t charge for our legal services unless you recover.
Texas Car Accident Insurance Involves Complex Issues
In any Texas car accident, complex insurance issues will arise. That’s why it’s important to work with a seasoned car accident lawyer who understands the interplay between different types of insurance policies and will protect you against insurance companies.
At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, our car accident attorneys have experience representing clients in insurance issues involving:
- Liability coverage: Under Texas law, every driver is required to carry liability coverage that will pay for property damage and bodily injury they cause in a car accident, including the cost of the victim’s automobile repair or replacement, medical bills, funeral costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and, if warranted, punitive damages.
The current minimum liability policy limits are $30,000 for bodily injury (one person), $40,000 (two or more persons) and $15,000 (property damage). Most car accident issues involve the at-fault driver’s insurance company denying or delaying payment of a claim that was triggered by their own insured’s negligence.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage: This is coverage you may have purchased from your own insurer, and it can cover your losses regardless of who caused the car accident. PIP covers your medical and funeral expenses and most of the wages you may lose while trying to recover from a crash.
Under Texas law, every insurance company must offer PIP coverage, and it can only be rejected by you in writing. Insurance companies may try to deny PIP payments, claiming you waived coverage or contesting the amount of your claim.
- Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: This is the most important insurance you can purchase. UM/UIM coverage covers your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and repair/replacement loss of your car when you are involved in a crash with a hit-and-run driver, a driver who has no insurance or a driver who has insurance that won’t adequately cover your damages.
Although Texas law requires every driver to have liability coverage, the fact is that countless drivers are on Texas roads without any insurance. And even if they have coverage, many drivers purchase only the minimum amount they need to get their vehicle registered. Even a minor car accident can result in damages that exceed most drivers’ liability coverage limits. That’s why UM/UIM coverage is so important.
As with PIP coverage, every Texas insurance company must offer UM/UIM coverage, and it can only be rejected by you in writing. Again, insurance companies may claim you waived the coverage or challenge the amount of damages you are seeking.
We Don’t Back Down From Insurance Companies
Most insurance companies will have an army of attorneys at their disposal to review and contest your claim. However, they will often tell car accident victims that they don’t need legal representation, and they will try to persuade you to settle quickly and for a dollar amount that may not sufficiently cover your losses.
At The Bob Richardson Law Firm, we know how insurance companies operate, and we know how to navigate the complicated issues involved with insurance policies. We will work hard to seek just compensation for harm you have suffered in an auto accident.